Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Granny Square Project Bag

I love when I complete a project. I love this Granny Square Project Bag! It took me a while to figure out what colors I wanted to use and what style of squares to make. Once I figured that out I started making squares like crazy. Once I made all of the squares and joined them together, I then stopped for a few days. Not sure I like what I had put together. 

 
I then started a sweater. I finished the back of the sweater and then realized I had used a hook that was one size too large. So I took the back of the sweater apart and then went back to working on my bag. I figured I better finish the bag. I had already purchased the really cool fabric for the lining.

I like things that a little bit different so I thought I would make the two straps different colors. Why not. Let's be colorful! 

I did make a nice neat pile of the pieces of yarn that I snipped off after cleaning up all of the squares. Even the pile looks kind of pretty! I was doing all of this last night while watching The Bachelor on TV with my kids. Then I started to measure and cut the lining to make it all fit neatly. I sat at my sewing machine and put it all together. I think it came out nicely. I really love the lining. And by putting the interfacing, my bag is able to stand up alone. That is a fantastic plus!

Perfect size, not to big, just right. I am really happy with final results of my project bag! I will use today at the soccer game tonight so I can start my sweater again using the correct size hook. And of course this bag will be great at the baseball games which will start next month. I have a baseball square that I will be adding to the bag. Actually, a square for every holiday and every season. Maybe even one with an initial. That accessory square will be added tonight. I will update this post with a new pic!

Well, now on to the sweater! And I am thinking this pattern will be available in my store and maybe the finished version!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to see your comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Color Street Nail Polish Strips - Nail Strip Gal

Well I did it! I made my very own YouTube video. I hope you enjoy! I tried my best to explain everything about Color Street! I've b...