Saturday, July 26, 2014

Freshness...

Success today! Homemade Strawberry Jam and homemade bread. I forgot to take a pic of the bread... and it's gone. I just finished making the Strawberry Jam and all the jars have sealed! I made peach jam a few nights ago and had to reprocess to get some of the jars sealed correctly. I do have some strawberries left so I am thinking Strawberry Basil Jam or Strawberry Jalapeño. I can't decide. I need to go get some more jars. At first I was thinking that since I love jam, I would be the only one eating it. No, not the case. Everyone else loves it too. I guess that's a good thing! Nothing like fresh and homemade. 

This is a pic of my Peach Jam I made the other night. I need to pick more peaches so I  can slice them and can them. Then I can use for cobbler later in the year. The rest of my peaches from the peach tree and just about ready to pick. I wonder why they call it canning when I am really putting in jars?


I just picked this peach and think it's a perfect peach! No bruises, just perfect. I think I will eat this one today. The others on the tree can be picked tomorrow and then I will can them. I might make some peach jalapeño jam too. Sounds kind of good.
And, this is the bread I made earlier. It's not my photo but this is what it looked like.  It's a really simple recipe. I have another in the bowl ready to bake tomorrow morning so we can eat with our homemade Strawberry Jam!

This recipe is a simple Crusty, no-knead, artisan bread. Only 4 ingredients needed. You mix in a bowl and let sit for 12-18 hours then bake. Super easy and delicious! If I buy a round bread like that it could cost me $4 to $8!

Well, today I am going to do some beading on the loom. Bracelet stuff. 

Chow!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to see your comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Color Street Nail Polish Strips - Nail Strip Gal

Well I did it! I made my very own YouTube video. I hope you enjoy! I tried my best to explain everything about Color Street! I've b...